- University of Massachusetts, Amherst 2016 – present
- Ph.D. Candidate in the Organismic and Evolutionary Biology graduate program.
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo 2013 – 2016
- M.S. With Distinction, Academic Excellence in Biological Sciences
- 2016-2017 Outstanding Thesis Award: Circadian and circatidal rhythms of protein abundance in the intertidal mussel Mytilus californianus
- Bowdoin College 2007 – 2011
- B.A. in Biology and Environmental Studies
- Organization for Tropical Studies, Costa Rica in Spring 2010
- American Ornithological Society
- International Ornithologists’ Union
- Wilson Ornithological Society
- Association of Field Ornithologists
GRANTS, AWARDS, AND FELLOWSHIPS
- Graduate Student Summer Fellowship ($8,600)
- 2016 – 2017 Outstanding Thesis Award from Cal Poly Graduate Education
- Blodget Fund for Ornithological Research ($1,000)
- Organismic and Evolutionary Biology Research Grant ($1,000)
- Wilson Ornithological Society Research Grant ($1,500)
- OEB First-Year Non-Working Fellowship ($9,587)
- Myers Ocean Trust ($2,000)
- NSF Travel Grant ($1,175)
- Sigma Xi Grants-in-Aid of Research ($700)
- CSU COAST Graduate Research Award ($3,000)
- Aryan I. Roest Memorial Scholarship ($2,000)
- Cal Poly Non-Resident Graduate Tuition Waiver ($9,000)
- James S. Lentz Leadership Award
- Sarah and James Bowdoin Scholar
CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Elowe, C.R. and Gerson, A.R. (2018). Seasonal changes in body composition and metabolism in migratory White-Throated Sparrows (Zonotrichia albicollis). IOC 2018, Vancouver, BC, CA. Poster.
- Voisinet, M.P., Vasquez, M.C., Elowe, C.R., Crocker, D.E., Tomanek, L. (2017). Proteomic response of elephant seal pups, Mirounga angustirostris, to prolonged fasting. SICB 2017, New Orleans, LA. Poster.
- Elowe, C.R. and Tomanek, L. (2016). Circadian and circatidal rhythms of protein abundance in the California mussel (Mytilus californianus). SICB 2016, Portland, OR. Poster.
Elowe, C.R. and Tomanek, L. (2015). Circadian and circatidal rhythms of protein abundance in the California mussel (Mytilus californianus). Second International Conference on Oxidative Stress in Aquatic Ecosystems, La Paz, B.C.S., MX. Poster.
- Bio 111: General Biology lab (Cal Poly; Winter and Spring 2015)
- Bio 263: Ecology and Evolution lab (Cal Poly; Fall 2015 and Spring 2016)
- Bio 521: Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy lab (UMass; Fall 2017, 2 sections)
- Bio 153: Introductory Biology lab (UMass; Spring 2019, 2 sections)